Sautéed Sturgeon with a Fennel, Celery Root & Apple Salad
½ t Dijon mustard
2 T sherry vinegar
1 T lemon juice
fresh ground black pepper
1 T chopped capers
1 t minced shallot
½ cup olive oil
1 cup julienne fennel
1 cup julienne celery root 1 cup julienne apples
1 T chopped fine herbs
pinch of salt
6 4-5 ounce filets sturgeon (skinned and trimmed)
fresh ground white pepper
2 T olive oil or clarified butter
Fennel, Celery Root, & Apple Salad:
- In a small bowl mix the mustard, sherry vinegar, lemon
juice, pepper, capers and shallot together.
- Slowly add olive oil while whisking. Mix the remaining
- In a large skillet over high heat, sear the sturgeon flesh
side down until golden brown.
- Turn the filets over and continue cooking on the other side
until the fish is cooked through.
- If the fish is a thick filet, transfer to a small baking pan
and finish cooking in the oven at 350 degrees until done.
- Place the sturgeon on the plate with a julienne of vegetable
and drizzle of butter sauce.