Salmon Broiled w/ A Natural Juice of Mushrooms
2 lb. Salmon Fillet
6 T. Butter
2 T. Olive Oil
1 c. Cream
1 c. Oyster Mushrooms, sliced
1 c. Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
1 c. Chanterelle Mushrooms, sliced
1 c. Domestic Mushrooms, sliced
3 c. Fish Stock
12 oz. Butter, unsalted
Salt, Cayenne Pepper, Lemon, White Pepper
2 Tsp. Chive
SAUCE (10 minutes before broiling salmon):
- Heat 2 T. Olive Oil and 2 T. Butter in stainless saucepan
until butter is bubbling hot.
- Add assorted mushrooms and sauté until tender, seasoning
mushrooms as they sauté.
- Add 3 c. Fish stock and reduce it to 1. C and whisk in the
unsalted butter 1 T. At a time.
- Season to taste with salt, cayenne and lemon. Add chive. Do
- Slice salmon in thin escallops approximately 2 1/2 oz. A
- Rub each plate with 1 T. Olive oil. Put escallops of salmon
on each plate, leaving a 1 inch well between the outside edge
of the fish and the rim of the plate.
- Broil and spoon sauce over entire plate.