Bay Scallop and Spinach Ragout with Herbed Gnocchi and Lobster
1 1/2 bay scallops cleaned (muscle removed)
1 bag cello spinach cleaned
1 potato peeled, boil until tender
- Dry in oven, rice potato, then let cool. In mixer, add one
egg, salt and pepper, chopped herbs (basil, chervil, tarragon,
chive); add enough flour so the mixture comes away from the
side of the bowl (about 1 cup).
- Refrigerate. Roll on floured counter top into 3/4 inch rod
and cut about 3/4 inch pieces. Place on a floured sheet pan
Lobster Bisque Ingredients
2 celery stalks
5 cloves garlic
chop all of the above
2 lobster shells or bodies, crushed
3cups fish stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh thyme, one handful
3 oz dry vermouth
1/2 lb butter
- In hot pan, sauté shells and add vegetables.
- Cook until they have a little color, then deglaze the pan
with vermouth, being careful because alcohol may ignite. Cook
down to a syrup.
- Add the fish stock and rice and cook until the vegetables
are soft was well as the rice.
- Blend, then pass through a chamois or cheese cloth. Season
when ready to serve. Mount in butter.