Truffled Jonah Crab Salad
1 ½ lb fresh crab meat
1 shallot minced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
3 tsp fines herbs
¼ cup cooked corn kernels
¼ cup diced cooked beets 1 head Lola Rosa lettuce for garnish
(sprouts can be substituted)
¼ cup herb infused oil
TT white truffle infused olive oil
¼ cup citrus reduction
- Pick through crab meat and discard any remaining pieces of
shell or cartilage
- Combine crabmeat, shallots, celery, fines herbs and
mayonnaise and mix.
- Add truffle oil to taste and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mold crab salad on plate using a ring mold or rounded cookie
cutter pressing down to conform.
- Garnish center of molded crab salad with Lola Rosa lettuce
leaves and unmold.
- Garnish plates with beets and corn.
- Drizzle citrus reduction around molded crab. Drizzle herb
infused oil to finish.
1 ½ cups orange juice
½ cup grapefruit juice
2 tsp lemon juice
- Reduce until syrupy consistency.
- Adjust tartness if necessary with sugar or honey.